Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's NASCAR Season!




For me, there are only two seasons, Winter & NASCAR. I can't wait! Who will win Daytona? Who will be in the Chase for the Championship? Who will win the Cup?

Here are my predictions for the season:

Mark Martin will win a few races, make the Chase and will be a threat for the Cup.

Carl Edwards will win the most races, will lead the points most of the year and will be the man to beat for the cup.

The rest of Roush Racing will also do very well, winning many races and making the Chase. They will have a hard time beating Carl.

Tony Stewart will spend so much time mentoring his two rookie teammates that he will forget what he's doing and will have trouble making the Chase.

I'm not a Dale Earnhardt fan, but I think he will do pretty good if they can figure the intermediate tracks like Charlotte, Texas, Atlanta, etc. If he makes the Chase, he will be a threat to win the Cup.

I'm even less of a Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson fan and I think these two will not get along very well this year. Jimmie's frustrated by not being able to pull it together at the end of the year and Jeff is tired of Jimmie running better than him. Expect major headlines out of Hendrick Motorsports this year. As far as the other Hendrick drivers, Kyle Busch & Brian Vickers, they will have decent years, but will struggle to stay in the top 15 due to inconsistencies.

Teams to watch will be Penske & Yates. They have some new talent and the resources and should do very well.

And the other major teams (Evernham, RCR, MB2, Petty, etc.), they will have some good runs, but mostly they will be mid pack struggling to get in the top 15 in points.


2 Comments:

Blogger Krit said...

I hate to read a blog without commenting but... in this case, I actually have very little to say. In one way I'd like you to see your guy(s) win but it is sort-of fun watching you get worked up when racers do well that you don't like...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I am with Krit, I do not have a whole lot to comment on but I guess I need to pay more attention because it seems like everyone I work with is totally into the NASCAR stuff. Maybe you will have help keep me up to date.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home