Monday, October 31, 2005

NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway


NASCAR is back in Texas! I'll be spending next weekend watching the Craftsman Trucks and Nextel Cup Cars race at Texas Motor Speedway. For a lot of people, all NASCAR is a bunch of tobacco chewing rednecks swilling down beer by the gallon watching cars go around in a circle yelling "Go Junior" or "Gordon Sucks". While they are half right, there is more to NASCAR than that. There are the stories behind the drivers, the points battles, the rivalries, etc. For most, the NASCAR addiction starts when they see a race in person. For some, it happens when a driver they like wins a race. And for others like myself, being a car & racing nut, it was destiny. This is the first year for the Busch & Cup series to race at TMS in the fall. Unfortunately, I will miss the the Saturday Busch race due to coaching my son's soccer team. But, we'll be there for the Friday night Truck race and Sunday Cup race. Next year, I hope I'll be able to camp out at the track in the motorhome the whole weekend like I did back in the spring. Now if Biffle can repeat what he did in the Spring, maybe Jack Roush will get his third Cup championship in a row. Go Roush Racing!

7 Comments:

Blogger SunnyMcBunny said...

I almost forgot that the races were this weekend. NOT! How could I forget. You remind me of it every minute of the day. Hee Hee. Looks like Maddy and I will be hanging out a lot this weekend while you and Gage are watching the races and drinking beer. Well at least Gage won't be drinking beer. Or will he? Just kidding. At least it means that for one weekend out of the year I won't have to watch Nascar on the T.V. I'll have the T.V. all to myself. Unless Maddy makes me watch Spongebob all day long. ...Hey! You aren't tivo-ing the race are you? You can't! It wouldn't be fair. You're already there watching it in person. Give me a break please!!!!!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hope you and Gage have a good time at the races. I am sure that you will!
Sunny - you have two tivo's right? So, why can't he tivo on one and you use the other? Just wondering...

8:10 PM  
Blogger SunnyMcBunny said...

you are so right, i forgot. that's what he will have to do. thanks for the reminder!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Krit said...

Did you have a good time? Did your favorite racer win?

10:46 PM  
Blogger NLPRacing said...

We had a great time and my favorite driver (Mark Martin) nearly won it and my second favorite driver, Carl Edwards, actually did win (passing Mark Martin on the next to last lap) and did a back flip right in front us! It was a lot of fun, can't wait until April, when I get to stay in my motorhome there all weekend!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Krit said...

That is for sure something to look forward to. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

5:23 PM  
Blogger NLPRacing said...

It's definitely Tony's to lose. But, if he or the 48 has a problem like a blown engine or get caught up in a wreck, I think either the 97 or 16 could win it. Either way, it's been a good season and I look forward to next years Daytona 500!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home