Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ebay Festiva


I finally did it! I am finally going to get a Festiva! I bid on one over the weekend only to lose out at the last minute by 10 bucks. Well, I emailed the seller and told him that if it didn't work out with the guy that out bid me to let me know. Well, something came up and the guy that out bid can't get up here from Houston to pick it up. Now I'll be able to drive this little car back and forth to work getting 43+ MPG. My future plans call for fixing the minor body damage, repainting it, put on some new tires & wheels, do a little work to the suspension and engine, then ultimately turn it into an SCCA ITC race car. A race car? A Festiva race car? I know it sounds ridiculous, but this is great platform for a little road racer. The power to weight ratio is real good and the parts are real cheap. I am so excited that I can't hardly stand it! Thanks Sunny!

6 Comments:

Blogger Krit said...

Way to go, as a cheap small car fan... I am so excited for you.

Can't wait to see it get fixed up and eventually become your race car.

McBunny- you're one cool wife.

10:08 AM  
Blogger SunnyMcBunny said...

I know I try. But can someone please tell NLP what the crash test rating is against a big SUV or 3/4 ton pickup. I don't want him crushed to a pancake trying to save a few bucks.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Krit said...

Well that was a downer- Miss care about the safety of your husband lady. Thanks.

11:43 AM  
Blogger NLPRacing said...

I drove it home last night, it is AWESOME!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Krit said...

Awesome, was it everything you had hoped it would be? I bet it put the Mustang and F150 to shame. Even the RV probably seemed a little less impressive.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Big Ford Fan said...

NLP, good choice, my first new car was a Festiva LX and I loved that little car. Don't worry about crash worthiness, it's nimble enough to avoid most obsticles. I hope it's the 5 spd and not the 4 spd or God forbid the Auto.

My 1988 Festiva LX was among the first to arrive here in September of 1987 and with it's carberated 1.3 made only 68 hp, but with the light weight and good gearing I made that little car fly. I have witnesses to the 100 mph speeding ticket on i-90 near Albany.

Good luck with it, and check my links for Festiva clubs online and pictures of Festiva racers on asphalt and ice.

I had that car for 6 years and beat it like a red headed stepchld. Enjoy

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home